Roasted Brussel Sprouts
1 pound of brussel sprouts, cut in half and trimmed
1 cup of cranberries
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/4 cup of diced onion
1 red pepper, roasted + diced
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of tarragon, chopped
1/2 cup of hazelnuts, toasted and rough chopped (I like a bit of texture!)
1. This recipe moves quick, so that means you have to too. Have everything out, prepared, chopped and ready to rock and roll. No one wants soggy AF sprouts - only the finest for the finest!
2. In a pan on high heat, add enough oil to cover the bottom. If the brussels crowd the pan, do this recipe in batches. Add your sprouts in once your pan starts to (lightly!) smoke. Sear those beauties up for about 2 minutes
3. Next add in your garlic, onion, red pepper and cranberries and toss the brussels so it's all together. This should take about another minute and the sprouts should be still firm. Add salt to your preference.
4. Deglaze your pan with the apple cider vinegar, followed by maple syrup until they are beautiful glazed, sticky and sour all at the same time.
5. To finish, remove your brussel sprouts from the heat, add in your tarragon and pour directly Into a bowl, cover with hazelnuts and flaky salt and set your tastebuds to "stunned"