Citrus + Avocado Salad
1 navel orange
1 blood orange
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 shallot, peeled + julienne
1/4 red finger chili, sliced
1 bunch of mint
1/4C peanuts, toasted, salted + chopped
1C cherry tomatoes
1 yellow zucchini
2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
1/2 cup of canola oil
1/4 cup of vinegar (I use cider)
1. Remove skin + pith from citrus fruits and clean so it just fleshy rounds of sunshine. Slice in 1/2" rounds and place in a medium sized mixing bowl with salt and some olive oil.
2. Combine vinegar + mustard, whisk together and season; slowly stream in canola oil until it is fully emulsified and has a "creamy" consistency. Add in your shallots, garlic and chilies.
3. Put a pan on high heat, blister your cherries tomato until they are cooked to your preference; add into the bowl with vinaigrette and mix gently.
4. In your bowl of citrus, add some healthy spoonfuls of vinaigrette and salt, mix gently and lay out those rounds of sunshine right onto a nice flat plate. Add some more generous spoonfuls of your vinaigrette right on top of your citrus, followed by peanuts.
5. Slice 1C of yellow zucchini (green is fine as well) and toss in a bowl with salt + vinaigrette, let it marinate for a couple minutes. Place marinated zucchini on top of citrus.
6 Slice avocados and fan out on top of citrus, followed by finishing salt. Garnish with extra peanuts and some picked mint.