Chocolate Avocado Cake
June 10 2020·
June 10 2020·
serves 8pcs (or 2 depending on how hard you want to celebrate; it’s quarantine)
3.5 cups of AP Flour, sifted
2.5 cups of coconut (or cane) sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoons of baking soda
1 cup of cocoa powder, sifted
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 teaspoon of cider vinegar
1 can of coconut milk (or any milk really)
- Pre-heat oven to 350f, line cake pan with oil/fat of some sort thoroughly
- Sift flour & cocoa powder into a bowl; combine with sugar, baking powder, baking soda + salt and mix together
- Combine all wet ingredients (including the avocado) in a blender, and blend on high until smooth (if you find it’s a bit thick, like a batter – add a splash of water until it has consistency of a yogurt)
- Combine wet to dry (yes this matters) and gently fold mixture together; lumps are okay as they help build structure, but not too many.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes (you should be able to put a skewer/fork in the center and see it come out clean); remove from oven + let cool fully before jazzing it up
- For dressing it, I used a vegan buttercream with toasted coconut + almonds
Vegan Vanilla Butter Cream:
1/2 cup of softened vegan butter (not melted/warmed)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoon of almond milk
- Combine butter + vanilla in a bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream butter and sugar together until fluffy (we used a blender and it worked great)
- Add sifted powdered sugar + almond milk and continue mixing until fluffy (about a minute)
- Dress that cake up!
Marianne — April 22 2021
The Chocolate Avocado cakes sounds delicious. What size cake pan should be used?
dazhdpgsln — March 25 2021
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?